Kamal Dollah (b.1967) is a Singaporean artist specializing in batik-painting and caricature drawings. He founded Kamal Arts Ltd, a non-profit visual arts studio at Goodman Arts Centre that is the go-to place for batik-painting in Singapore. He trains and provide employment for artists in art-education and entertainment industry.
Kamal was trained at Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts (1990-93) and later attained Master of Arts degree in Contemporary Practice from the University of Huddersfield (UK) in 2007 with his thesis entitled “Innovating Tradition – Batik Painting in Contemporary Art Practice”.
He currently holds the following credentials:
- Artistic Director of Kamal Arts Ltd
- Principal Artist of Cartoon.SG
- Art educator endorsed by National Arts Council Art Enrichment Programme
- Committee Member of APAD (An association for Malay Artists in Singapore)
(President 2002-2006, 2014-2018)
- Member of The International Society for Education Through Art (InSEA)
is a non-governmental organization and official partner of the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization UNESCO)
- Member of International Society of Caricature Artists
Studio: Kamal Arts Limited,
90 Goodman Road, Blk E #03-31,
Tel: (+65) 6344 3369